innerfictions

Friday 24 September 2010

Scarlet woman

I see the woman with the scarlet hair quite often on my journeys in and out of London. She's with the big bloke with the beard - and they are very much in love. They always seem so happy together, at ease.

I'm toying with documenting the people who are familiar and unknown. Perhaps not very original. But I find the quotidien so fascinating; alluring. . . People I do not think of outside this particular every day context. The before and after of their narrative, unknown. And unmissed when they're not there. But for some reason, I want to remember at least that they exist.

It's been brought on by a number of things - all my recent photos have been from the top deck of a bus - and all this looking - real looking - can't help but to make you pause and reflect on the people below.

Up there, I am cocooned. It would be a shock to meet them in another context. It's not very British either. But maybe if I work up courage, one day I will talk to them, and take photos with my real - grown up camera, if they allow. But . . . do I want to break this spell of the unknown?




59

  • Scarlet woman, very much in love
  • Viet Minh woman
  • Tall Tim Burton extra man
  • Zappa look-alike-man
  • The three mustachioed businessmen
  • Serene homeless man
  • 1940's woman

No comments: